Same Photograph, Different Interpretations
![]() |
| www.redbubble.com |
I used the image of a rainbow flower as part of our study on raindrops. The children looked at the projected image on the wall and gave their own interpretation by illustrating their own flower on a piece of blank paper. The images were then transferred on canvas and the children chose the paints to mix to highlight the flowers they created. The raindrops are not visible but they are there.
The following art works were done by three different ages, from the young fours to the older fives. I arranged the images from the youngest member of my vertical class to the oldest. Enjoy their perspectives and how their interpretations show the differences among ages and outlook in art. One is painted by a boy, can you guess which one? The other two boys in my summer class did not do flowers, they opted for the branches with raindrops.
![]() |
| 4 years and 3 months |
![]() |
| 4 years and 3 months |
![]() |
| 4 years and 5 months |
![]() |
| 4 years and 6 months |
![]() |
| 4 years and 6 months |
![]() |
| 5 years and 6 months |








Comments
some looks like lollipops and ice cream but they are sooo cute :)
Pero nice lahat nung artworks ng mga chikitings! May future talaga sila :D
Nice artworks! Galing ng mga kids! :)
sa tingin ko ung last ung sa boy haha ewan wild guess lang din ee
Such activities will surely help the tiny tots to become creative in life. You are a great teacher !
Thank you so much for the comment on my blog about the post - Remembering Jim Kelly ! He was a legend. Remember the buzz those great men created 40 years ago in Asia !
Not just creative, critical thinkers as well :)
Yes, I do since I am a Bruce Lee fan as well then Jackie Chan because of his humour.
Let me share why I guess/answered it correctly...
It's the most different among the drawings. It is bigger, bolder but it lacks details. Details = the "black dots" which I assume represents the rain drops. Boys/Men are known not to be very keen on details unlike girls/women ;)
THANKS Jonathan! Just looking at these artworks is priceless ;)
Taga-Manila ka ba? I am visiting so I can personally hand you your prize. Prize daw oh, anong gusto mo from Bangkok? Yung magaan lang, you have until Friday to tell me.
Aaw that's sweet! Yes I'm from Manila. It would be fun meeting you though sometimes mahirap akong hagilapin ha ha. Wag ka na mag-abala but kung mapilit ka sige mag-iisip ako ha ha ha
They are lucky having you as their teacher:)
Sobrang late ng reply ko. Thank you po.