three things i'm grateful for
A purpose to guide me, to brighten my day.
I’ve shared with a few, confessed I’ve found none,
Yet they’ve offered their wisdom, their light like the sun.
Still, I search for a purpose more true,
A calling where I’ll thrive, where I’ll renew.
To be my best self, to bless and to give,
But first, I must learn to be grateful and live.
Today, I pause, and gratitude flows,
For the life I have, for the love that grows.
A life of comfort, with food on my plate,
A shelter of warmth, a home I create.
My garden, a haven, with greens and whites,
Variegated leaves, flowers of delight.
Colors that dance in shapes so rare,
A peaceful retreat, beyond compare.
I’m surrounded by parents who trust what I do,
Their praise and their kindness carry me through.
With gifts of sweets, books, and thoughtful trips,
Their gratitude lingers on my fingertips.
Though this year’s path wasn’t smooth or straight,
It moved toward growth, toward something great.
For storms may come, but they clear the skies,
And purpose emerges where gratitude lies.
So I’ll keep searching, with hope in my heart,
Each day a new chance, a fresh place to start.
For in this journey, I’ve come to see,
That purpose begins with the blessings in me.


Comments