comeback

I have truly enjoyed sharing photos of flowers from my garden and my travels on Instagram. Over the years, I've connected with many acquaintances through the app, engaging in light conversations with a few. However, I've also encountered some scammers asking for money.

Due to some unsettling experiences, I temporarily closed my account. I found myself hesitant to be recognized in person. This apprehension stems from a past experience about nine years ago. 

I had developed a close online friendship with someone, which led to feelings I chose to suppress. The irony was that I had never seen their faces; all interactions were faceless. When I learned they were planning to visit, I cut off contact immediately. 

Reflecting back, I realized I was somewhat naive, thinking I could escape loneliness through that connection. A line that stuck with me was, “If I have a big house, I'll invite you stay in my house so we could be together.” At that time, I was feeling overwhelmed and searching for an escape from my burdens. Unfortunately, that situation turned out to be quite complicated.

To avoid repeating the past, I made the difficult decision to end my friendship with my Instagram chat mate. It was a necessary step, given my vulnerability at this stage in my life. While I feel a sense of regret, I believe it was important for my well-being.

This April, I made a comeback on Instagram with a post featuring stunning tiny red blooms. Interestingly, this plant had been dormant for years, and I had almost forgotten about it. Its unexpected revival reminded me of beauty and resilience. I'm hopeful that this new chapter will lead me to friendships rooted in growth, healthy relationships, and camaraderie.

Comments

Popular Posts