a farewell to sunflowers



On the last day of their bright display,
I wandered through fields where sunflowers sway.
Lucky indeed, to bask in such grace,
As they beckoned me close, a warm embrace.

Frantic I ran, with my phone in hand,
Capturing beauty in this golden land.
Shapes and sizes, each petal in view,
As the sun whispered softly, bidding adieu.

People around me, with smiles so wide,
In poses of joy, their hearts open wide.
Sunflowers bowed, in a majestic dance,
To the laughter and love, in this fleeting chance.

Will I be like them when my own light fades?
A beacon for others, as twilight cascades?
Will I stand tall, with proud moments to share,
Or become just a memory, lost in the air?

The field served its purpose, a transient cheer,
With sunny yellows and oranges near.
I lived with compassion, my heart open wide,
Now it's time to bow, with gratitude inside.

In silence I linger, reflecting on life,
The blessings bestowed, through joy and through strife.
As the sun sets gently, I cherish the past,
For the beauty of living is a gift, unsurpassed.

Comments

Popular Posts