a lesson from a hibiscus
The Hibiscus plant is often an underrated flowering species, so commonly seen in gardens and hotels as part of their landscapes.
I have to admit, I was never particularly fond of Hibiscus, despite its stunning blooms. To me, it always seemed ordinary and ubiquitous, just blending in as "one of the guys."
However, after having three mango trees trimmed in my garden, the sun came shining brightly and scorching my collection of shade loving plants. With my garden looking lackluster, I decided to add the Hibiscus for a splash of colours.
And I loved them! I didn't realized that there are so many varieties of this plant, each with its own vibrant, magnificent blooms.
They are also generous in giving out flowers. My lone variegated Hibiscus, which stands taller than I do, constantly showcases stunning red blooms. I added others in shades of orange, yellow, pink, and even purple. They are a delight in my space, eagerly watching and waiting them produce flowers month after month.
Yet, with beauty comes challenges. Hibiscus plants are susceptible to aphids and if left unattended, the plant can perish. They require plenty of sunlight, and fertilizers to encourage flowering. Despite these hurdles, I try to make them healthy as their vibrant colours give me immense joy.
Life can be tough, with various challenges testing our strength. We just need to take care of ourselves so that our rays will shine, our colours will radiate, and our spirits will be happy.


Comments