flowers, then and now


Someone asked me what is most special to me, in terms of a gift to receive, and I replied that I really love plants. When the trees were trimmed during the summer, my garden was exposed to the harsher conditions of the scorching sun, but it was also the time to add colors to my landscape of greens.


I started acquiring flowering plants of many types and kinds. I specifically looked for colorful ones and began a collection of plants with different flower sizes. I had blue, purple, yellow, red, pink, white, and orange flowers in various shades. It was a great addition to a seemingly boring space.


Of course, I forgot about the rain. When it started to rain every day, the flowers became soggy and broken. I was devastated and moved most of them under the shade of the now leaf-bursting and growing mango trees. The next problem was the lack of sunlight. I just couldn't figure out a better position for my varied plants, so I decided to leave them where I originally placed them.


Right now, there are no flowers adorning the garden. I have a few yellow ones and a purple one, while the rest are at rest. The changing weather is causing them to slumber; though there is no snow here, the rapid change in weather patterns from hot to hotter and then wet to wetter is having an effect.


For now, I need rest as well for my weary soul. I stress a lot, and that's not good. I hope the coming long holiday this winter season will give me the strength I need to continue my journey.



 

Comments

Popular Posts