simple

As I grow older and wiser, the simplest things make me happy. It could be a meal I enjoyed on one of my recent trips upcountry or the view from a lake where I stayed for a while. Some of the little things I care for are a smile from the supermarket cashier, a nod from the delivery guy, or a simple thank you from the driver after a short trip from work to home on weekends.




I used to buy my clothes from shopping centres, but now I just order China-made products through some shopping websites. I used to eat in fancy restaurants or indulge in afternoon teas in hotels until I found that drinking coffee in front of my garden gave me much peace and joy. 




It's autumn break, and I've been cleaning up the house and removing things I no longer need. The stereo system that has been lying around for years needs to go. The massive TV in the bedroom needs to be removed from sight. There are plenty more, such as books and clothes, that I no longer read or use. These are all baggage.




Like baggage, my body needs some cleaning up, especially the mind and the heart. The past events are now just memories I have already learned from them. The heartaches were healed, though not forgotten. The friendships are now being restructured, letting go of people who are no longer part of my growth. With these changes comes a realization that I have been living in the past, embracing dreadful things, making me sad all the time. With these changes, I vow to be a better person to myself, to love myself before others.   





Comments

Popular Posts