one thorny afternoon
It was around 4, and with the heat of consistently 38 degrees every day, it was not a pleasant afternoon. In addition, several of my cacti were infested with scales, so I needed to do something.
Taking each pot from the tray was challenging as the plants had grown more prominent since I moved them. Whenever I reached for one, the thorns of another cactus would prick my fingers, giving me a jolt. The first few times were hurtful, but the pricking became tolerable after taking around five or six pots.
I brushed the scales off with alcohol using a paintbrush and rubbed the cacti's bodies with cotton buds. I thoroughly cleaned and noticed some of the flower buds had started sprouting.
The entire process became very calming. There wasn't a tinge of stress or negative memories while cleaning the plants. My concentration was on the plants. It was such a relaxing activity.
When I finished my task, it reminded me of life. The spines that hurt me initially were the constant stresses we face daily. They could be the workings of our mistakes and bad choices. They could be circumstances that we cannot control. They could be things we weren't expecting to come into our lives, such as fatality or accidents. They are just there.
But we live on. We might complain at first, but then we continue living. We have our inner strength to help us. We have our determination and fate for things to turn out better. We have the relationships and support to push us further. We believe. Ultimately, we know that life will be a ray of sunshine.





Comments