From The Market to My Home
My last visit to my fave plant market was in December last year. I can only go as the flower market is open on weekdays, and I had a winter break then. Since today is an off day, I decided to go again, walk under the scorching heat, and bask in the sun's rays surrounded by plants.
I already knew where I was heading. I entered the gate and walked to the end of the road as my favourite seller was in that area. They remembered me, and we had a great talk as I chose seven different varieties of plants to take home. A few baht off from my wallet but with a happy heart!
Then, I looked for other plants as I was looking for something variegated. The seller was also very friendly and talked about caring for some of the plants I have at home. We exchanged photos of our garden; mine is minuscule compared to her garden back in Pathum Thani. I got three plants from her. Ok, running out of baht now, so you could probably guess how much I paid for the variegated plants.
And before going home, I needed to get a water lily plant for one of the water pots at home. I got a blue coloured flower, and it was the cheapest plant I got for the day.
I passed by the guava seller to get some pink guavas which are my favourites. The seller gave me more than I asked for, and I shared how generous she was, for she also gave me a free guava plant when I purchased one from her last December. She mentioned, "We are neighbours; we are friends." I gave her a wai.
The weather is hot, and I watch my plant collection like a hawk. It's good that the three mango trees I have in the garden serve as canopies to my collection of Philodendrons, Anthuriums, and Aglonemas.
When will my next visit be? Maybe in the coming summer.



Comments