timely

I have these twin students who started in my class last August. They are absolutely adorable, with two opposing personalities. One is an extrovert, while the other took time to adjust in my class. Their names start with the letter J, which became our connection as my name also starts with J.

I learned a lot about their family. Both mom and dad are busy people, so grandpa and grandma take care of them, bringing and picking them up after school. They are closest to their nanny; her name is always the one I hear from the twins.

Once, they were both writing messages and asked me how to spell their nanny's name. I helped them with the spelling but wondered why they often wrote messages for the nanny but never for their mom or dad. When I asked them, they said they would, and they did. However, I was disheartened when they asked me to help them spell their mom's name using her title rather than being their mom. 

This February, I was surprised to receive a message from grandma that they would be moving to a new school. Apparently, an issue in the family is brewing, so the grandma took the liberty to enroll them in another school so that it would be the turn of the other set of grandparents to care for them. 

Just today, I received a message from their grandma asking me to attend the twin's birthday celebrations this weekend. I am sharing the short invitation because the note is heartfelt and encouraging to read as a teacher. 


Dear Mr. J,

I am writing this email as requested by my grandchildren, J and J. They told me about many impressive moments you did in class. Though they are in another school, they often say they love you. May I request you to join their birthday celebration ....

Warm Regards,

N (Grandma)


Comments

Popular Posts