crossing paths


Call me crazy, but I have been observing many eerie events recently. I always crossed paths with strangers or unfortunate circumstances, whether when driving, doing some groceries, or exchanging identification cards upon entering and exiting housing estates.

I usually leave the house around 7:15 AM. I would turn right to the main road, and one or two runners would be blocking my way. This coincidence is odd as the main road has only one or two runners. Such an occurrence is valid when I go back home. When I turn right, someone will run or walk before me. 

There will be no queue at the cashier when I approach the aisle to pay for my groceries. Then, two or three persons will gravitate towards that aisle, or unfortunately, it will be closed by the cashier. Sometimes, my item won’t register, or my card won’t work. Same as when I go to the parking lot where there's no spot, so I take the end space. I am returning after some groceries and find the parking lot magically open for numerous parking. 

I usually enter a housing estate and needed to leave my license card at the entrance in exchange for another id with a number on it. When I exit the place, I need to return the id to the guard, and I will take a peek at its numbers. Once, it was 34, and when I looked at my watch, it was 6:34. Another time, it was 146, and the car in front of me had 146 as its plate number. Then, the number would always match the speedometer or anything that has numbers on them. The oddest was seeing the number 22 in three cars while stuck in traffic. The last two digits in the lottery for that month were 22.

A few years ago, a family invited me on a boat cruise during the winter break. I declined as I needed to be home. It was fortunate to have escaped the harrowing tsunami that hit the country. Another family asked me to join them in their vacation home. I couldn’t go, and it turned out that something violent happened that weekend in the rest house. I have more tales to tell, but this would suffice for now. 

I am still trying to understand why it always happens almost every day. I do not know the term for it. Is it fate, luck, serendipity, a natural coincidence, or a glimpse of a third eye? You might know for now that I dream of dead people, but seeing the increasing connections around me makes me question myself. 


Comments

Popular Posts