Visiting the Countryside

I visited the countryside to see my Thai uncle and aunt during the Songkran festival. I was also there during the Christmas break. There were no festive activities as Covid cases were surging in numbers thus all activities related to water were banned.
 
Funny that I arrived with no fanfare, meaning, nobody dared to come near me. I do not blame them. They said that your mom is the only one concerned about your well-being but during my visit, everyone was. They asked where I came from, places I recently visited and where I will be staying. The community head even came to check on our well-being.
 
When I was bored, I went out to walk around the neighborhood to find things to take photos of. I found the small water dam that was always dry except for this year. I found some interesting leaves patterns and flowers that were to my liking. I found some dragonflies but they were difficult to capture through photographs. 


Bright sky, clear water

As I was walking, an elderly woman asked me if my day was fun. I answered her with, “I do not know what fun means but walking is fun.” Then later, another woman on a motorbike stopped to ask where I was going. 


Fruit trees, all for everyone.


Overall, my short stay was ok and better than being somewhere else unsafe. I could have stayed home to tend to my plants but I like to see the progress of the four trees I planted: rose apple, orange, durian and mangosteen.  They are all my mom’s favourite fruits and I asked permission if I could plant them in the space of my ‘relatives’. 


Planted for my mum. 

Hoping to see them grow and bear fruits.


It is a good place to be, idyllic and very laid back. Honestly, I was bored to death. Maybe if I am older and have nowhere to go, I will be there for a long time. For now, I wanted to be where my plants are, in my own garden.

Comments

Popular Posts