once upon a new beginning
I want to go back in my past, which is an absolute no-no as I know what will happen to me. However, I wanted to go back because that past was fleeting, even if it was just a short time. I wanted to feel it again.
New things are always intriguing and interesting. The beginnings were joyful and filled with excitement. For a couple of months, they were beautiful. But the reality of where I was at that time was hard to swallow, but I did. I was in love.
And when someone is in love, they care nothing but the other person. They will give what they can offer and selfishly devote their time to that special person. The person becomes our world, and the person I am speaking about is my world.
Fast forward to today, and I am still thinking of my person for the wonderful things that were shared with me. It wasn't anything material, but they were in terms of physical and emotional strengths. It was the power of believing in oneself.
My "friend" showed me that I should look at myself in the mirror with affirmations that I look good and am worthy of love. The places we visited are now memories, but the seeds of attestation are sown every day, albeit with much slower growth.
Though the heart was broken, the many pieces were picked up and placed together again. It might take more time, but there is nothing but gratefulness for knowing that I was once happy in my lifetime.


Comments