Creating a Space of My Own

Since I moved to this place I am in for three years now, I never felt the same warmth and joy I had when I was in my old place. Maybe because it was a sudden move as I was trying to get away from remembering the past. There wasn't any plants around and surely, less space if I wanted to add some foliage. There was a tree that gave shade but hampering little plants that might grow on its feet. There wasn't any earth and the place was surrounded by concrete, cold to the feet and lacking in anything natural. 


So I started to create what my strength and resources can do. Hauling the only nine potted plants I was able to save from my move, stored in a friend's house, I went to landscape the front of the reception area. I was able to get some vegetables to plant but they did not survive the area of low light. I moved on to purchasing ornamental ones that can tolerate low light and they thrived. 



After the front part of the house, I went to work on the two sides by filling the space with potted and hanging plants. It was experimental in the beginning, watching as to where the morning sun was and how long the exposure of the plants to the sunlight. There were trial and errors along the way but in due time, I was able to pinpoint the differences even when the seasons changed.


After three years, the once empty and cold place is now warm to the sight and feel. The lush and verdant greens enveloped the surrounds whilst giving a vibe of peace and serenity, both heart and soul.  It becomes a place for small animals to live and it becomes a place I can call home



Comments

Popular Posts