Just Like Butterflies
In one of my travels around Thailand, I spotted two different but magnificent coloured butterflies that happened to pass my way. They were abundant in the area of Kanchanaburi and thrived among the rainfalls heavily laden with greens.
And this week, as I was reading the story of Eric Carle to the children about this hungry caterpillar who went on a munching spree and later turned into a butterfly, I paused for a moment and thought of my journey.
I thought of leaving, momentarily playing in my mind, of going away, to start anew, perhaps a better one, to a place where nobody knows who and what I am. These wondrous flying species care less of what were transpiring around them. All fleeting and hovering, oblivious to dangers but still, flying happily.
Like life, to run away or to fly away from what is existing does not mean cowardice. It simply means a new perspective. To live, to be happy, and to co-exist with nature, these are my callings.
One day...
One day...



Comments
If it's time to go, it is time to go. The wings will spread and begin flapping. I will always be someone who would want to see you fly high!
I wanted to leave my comfort zone because I am no longer a happy person. I am thinking of finding myself in other endeavour, probably doing social work or being in a farm far,far away without the stresses of office or school work.
But I appreciate your suggestions, Muay Thai might be good. One day...
I am actually going to fly and it is becoming near. I cannot wait for that day to come. I will visit you first before I soar.
I am now a butterfly, short-lived but happier.