In Stillness It Stood


Whilst I was walking looking for interesting things to shoot, I happened to this dragonfly way, way up the top of a palm tree.  Darting in and out, the wide-eyed dragonfly was balancing itself on the tip most part of a leaf.  With my camera,  I was able to capture its stillness amidst the chaos.

It was dark and windy like a storm was to come.  Though only six in the morning, it wasn't the usual early morning sunrise that will welcome your day.  It was a cluster of grey coloured clouds draping the supposedly bright sky. 

When I was much younger, I was afraid to get out of my comfort zone.  One invite from a foreign school gave me the courage to try.  And the rest of my stories unfolded and keeps unfolding through this blog. However, the journey was not as smooth and for each year, there were struggles and hardships, even until now. 


But looking at that dragonfly who wanted to stay still on the tip of a leaf, it was balancing itself, using its wings for a leverage and stood in reverence to the earth despite the situation, and stayed there.


Whether things go smoothly or in chaotic instances, we should be ready as to absorb its consequences.  When the road towards a journey is great, we should offer our thanks.  While the path to where we are being led might be all stumble and fall, rising up and staying put make us more of a brave person.  It is what leads us to an outcome, by being bold and stronger. 


I wish to be a dragonfly, that I may be stronger in my will or maybe I am already one, as I am still standing. 

Comments

Rix said…
Ako lalabas na din sa comfort zone ko... malapit na :D
Twilight Man said…
Thank goodness you are not a dragonfly as you are enjoying a much happier and meaningful life which dragonflies are not able to do. You can even perform charity and merit making dedication for your parents too. Cheer up friend.
yccos said…
Amidst the chaos, you find peace.
John Ahmer said…
just embrace every moment..
jonathan said…
@ Rix, there is something good to that idea and though there will be difficulty, the end result is far satisfying.
jonathan said…
@twilight man

Yes, I am not a dragonfly but I like the resiliency and the strength of that dragonfly, traits I wanted to emulate.

I am doing some charity works since university days until now and have been doing some merit making dedications through a Buddhist temple that I frequent.

Cheers, my friend!
jonathan said…
@yccos,

Which is difficult, thus the need to meditate and be more focused.
jonathan said…
@AMR,

well-said, thanks!

Popular Posts