Celebration Day One and Two

Feeling lost during the last few days and wanting to make amends to friends and family members alike, I decided to celebrate my birthday with a number of people.  

It started on a Friday afternoon where I went out to eat Japanese food in a favourite restaurant of mine.  Zen Japanese Rsetaurant boasts of nearly authentic Japanese cuisine but still right on the budget.  However, the branch where I went to do not give justice to what I usually order.  They had downgraded the serving sizes and the taste wasn't the same anymore.  However, it was the company that I enjoyed.

Always, my ordered food at Zen.


I flew early Saturday morning and arrived safely at noon. I treated myself for a massage at Vibes, administered by bling masseurs and masseuses, and it was invigorating.  I had half an hour before meeting my former high school friends at 49 Heirloom Kitchen and it was a surprise of sort.  




A friend from California is visiting and we haven't seen each other for 28 years.  Although this meet was my surprise for her, most of my friends do not know I will be there for this meeting so surprise, surprise!



Then after ten of us had our sumptuous dinner of Osso Boso, Sinigang na Lechon, Paella and others, the restaurant staff came in with a cake and thus singing ensued.  It was a surprise now on my part by a friend.  







After numerous photographs taken, we all decided to move to another place.  This time, it was a newly opened, though half a year ago, cafe that serves food as well called Kandle Cafe.  Situated in Quezon City, the place is Instagram friendly as the decors are classy and well-mixed.





It was a night of story telling of years past, grade and high school life, from one person to the other.  We ordered for cakes and coffee but it was the camaraderie that highlighted that evening.   The friendliness of the owner would surely make us come back.  The friendships we have will surely be reminisced and strengthened by cafes and eating sprees. 





We left at half past eleven in the evening as some still need to travel far away. It was a great day and thanks to all my fabulous high school buddies. 

Comments

Popular Posts