Celebration Day Four and Five

Since I am an early riser, I decided to pass by Quiapo church to see the place and say my thanks for these beautiful celebrations.  It rained the night before and some drizzles still that morning so the grounds were sticky and muddy.  I wanted to walk around but decided to just go to my next destination.

I went back to Coffee Beans for their free wifi and was answering messages of birthday greetings from students and parents from all over the world.  I was overwhelmed when a student from Sri Lanka send me a lovely handmade card and her mum informed me of her prowess in playing tennis.  I also received a warm and heartfelt message from a family in Chile.  Another was a warm greeting from my students in Spain.  I was also chatting with a friend from Peru, Australia and Hong Kong all at the same time.  It was heavenly.  

I met my other brother and my sister again at Italiannis, another restaurant where we ate to the brim.  I only had a piece of the pizza and I was already full.  I had a spicy sardine pandesal at Coffee Bean beforehand, that's why. 

Another great dish!

After all the chit chats, we left and I had some shopping done before doing my last errands at the house.  I made sure things are in tip top shape before I left and I was lucky enough to get a cab.  

I returned to Thailand on Monday evening and though I had a not-so-good experience at the airport, Terminal One, to be exact, Thai Airways is always a pleasure to fly.  The service is impeccable as long as I speak Thai and the food is really to my liking.  No fish issues for me!

Since I arrived the house at one in the morning, I was sleepy when I reported for work.  The children missed me and I gave them hugs.  I received two hand written cards from my students and later some presents: cake and hand cremes from Sofia and chocolates from Pamela and Gordon.  

During lunch time, I received a cake from one of the teachers and it was really good. Thank you to Isabel and to all who greeted me that morning.  It was another great, great day (though I was very sleepy). 



Care for some?

Comments

Tomoko said…
Happy New Year and Happy birthday,jonathan.
I hope your new year will be full of happiness. I am glad to find that you are very active in blogging and having good days! Have a wonderful new week!
jonathan said…
Thank you and happy new year to you as well.

Always my appreciation to your visits in my blog home. All the best to you!

Popular Posts