My Kind of Work

And what do the children learn in school?  Plenty and all of their learning comes from them.  I am a mere facilitator of learning.  I am there to guide, not direct. I am a mere observer of the children's growth.  A witness, I may say, with patience and a kind heart. 



















And after one school year, hundreds of hours, numerous headaches and stresses, an overnight in school, and one sleepless night, the end product of a one year long process of learning and experiences. It was a journey worth traversing. 

Comments

Tomoko said…
I think that there is many to learn from children's world.
Have a good Sunday.
jep buendia said…
ganda! ikaw nag lay out sir Jo? :)
pwede na pang newsletter
jonathan said…
Yes Miss Tomoko, for one, the hundred languages of choldren, which we are advocates.

I learn from them as they learn from me. It's a give and take thing.

Have a great week!
jonathan said…
Thank you Cher Jep. Kaya love ko ang Mac at Apple, user friendly.

The slides were work of art and labour, talagang hanggang umaga.
jep buendia said…
at least, kahit inabot hanggang umaga, "pak" naman ang result hahaha :)
jonathan said…
Thank you ulit Cher, nakita mo sana mukha ko during the presentation, all smiling but after lunch, hindi ko na kinaya, I had to go home and sleep. Ha,ha,ha!
yccos said…
I read this post multiple times before commenting here. I sooooooo love it. Maybe because of the pure innocence and joy these stories convey. So heartwarming. The kids are so blessed to have you as their teacher and you for having them as your students. It wasn't the intelligence that had really made them shine, it was the sense of giving, empathy and love for others.

Definitely, a year worth traversing! Cheers to more years to traverse and many more lives to touch!

Ganbatte Kudasai!
jonathan said…
It is a good thing I didn't post the entirety of the project as it will take more of your hours before you could comment, ha,ha,ha. Kidding aside, I enjoyed being with the children as they start developing their ideas and later, showing a more empathic view towards life. It was like watching flowers bloom.

Thank you for the kind words Cher Kat, I do appreciate them since it is coming from a fellow teacher. Yes, a worthy year and another is coming this August. New ideas, new dialogues and new narratives are in store.

Have a great day!

Popular Posts