Life's Vicissitudes

Mines View Park, Baguio, Philippines

Not everyone will understand your journey.  That's okay.  
You're here to live your life, not to make everyone understand.

As we grow wiser, we will find that the answers to our questions can be found not through internet searches or consultations with others.  The richness and depth of our experiences, be it good or not, will answer them.

I was a lost soul when I was much younger, not knowing what I really like. Would I pursue law or continue with Theology and as I fall in indecisiveness, I ended in a straight path, a profession I learned to care and love.  My experiences taught me to take my time, to feel where my heart is, and dig deeper. I needed to sink roots and I did. 

 I had loved a few people but rejected by many.  My experiences taught me to love myself fully rather than offer myself to despair.  I wasn't able to marry, a regret I had, but my single blessedness is giving me opportunities that I might not be able to do if I have my own family. 

I met so many people in my life both locals and international.  That nationality is not a factor in friendship, but sincerity in its pursuit.  That wealth is a measurement for others but not for those who stayed.  That distance is not important to those who continue to reach out.  Friends come but many will go and for those who will stay, keep them in your hearts.

That whatever choices I make in my life is mine.  If you do not agree to my decisions, you can give your opinions but it is still me who will walk the walk.  If  I choose to go a different path, it is because I wanted to show that I can be myself, and not a follower of others' dreams.  My short stay in this world is measured by the journey I will take so I wanted them to be filled with joy. 





There are three things I learn in life: 




My journey is my responsibility, not anyone else's. 




My sharings in life is my choice and legacy, that nobody can erase.




My decisions, though with regrets, are my life's scaffolding.




So believe and conquer. 

Comments

Froi Dencio said…
Medyo dumugo ilong ko sir Jo sa vicissitudes. hehe

We all have our own path to take and our own journey to make. Good thing is along the way, we hope not to wander aimlessly. We grow and reach a point called maturity. :)
jonathan said…
There are people who are lost thus the posting. I wanted to show that in my life experience, I never had a perfect path, that I also fail and fall. For some, maturity comes in early and for some, very late. The best thing to do is a balance of everything.

Gaya nga ng isa mong comment, etong tissue, galing Thailand naman eto.
Another very inspiring post form you Sir. You know, your words were carved in my mind. I even have some of them in my journal for me to read on my most difficult days. Thanks Sir! I also learned to trust my own journey and not to think so much of the negative things around me.

love lots,
Tin

mypoeticisoation.blogspot.com
jonathan said…
If there is one person in the world that could learn from my postings then it is already a big honour on my part. Most of the younger readers can read and think of what I write about, especially for this post. The words are for you and whosoever pass by to read. I did not have a mentor when I was growing, I was always lost. So sharing my struggles and triumphs can give someone else trust, faith and encouragement to take the road, travelled most or less, to success. Happy Sunday Cristine!
Tomoko said…
Beautiful post.

The Japanese like this new song " Life is like a paper airplane for 365 days".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHTP52PNZ5M
English lyrics AKB48 covered by Macro Stereo

I hope you can find this You Tub when you have time.

Thank you for your follow my blog, Jonathan.
Have a happy day.

jonathan said…
Hi Tomoko,

Thank you for sharing, will find it later and watch. I am fascinated at many things Japanese.

My pleasure to follow your blog, will back read as well.

All the best,
Jonathan
Anonymous said…
I have been very lost lately.. This makes me feel better though to know that everyone has been this way :)
jonathan said…
Hi Simon,

When I was younger and in the university, I do not even know why I took my course and where I will proceed with it. Good people will be around you and will show you the path. Their experiences will guide you as well. Then it is up to you to listen to your heart and follow it.

Your maturity is still being tested, and your experiences still accumulating. May your decisions be wise and please do what you feel is right.
It needs tremendous will power and inner strength to live life cool like 'yourself'. Looks like you are on the right path. A little more smile would be a welcome addition :)
Buddy, thumbs up !
jonathan said…
Thanks a million Rajiv for the kind words. I do appreciate those who left their marks by commenting in here. I have not met anyone of you but your wisdom and caring words will brighten further my path. I do appreciate your presence in here. All the best to you Rajiv!
bluedreamer27 said…
I wish I have the same positive outlook in life as you Sir Jo...
Sabi nga nila diba experience is the best teacher.... in my case, the lessons are not yet clear.. i have to dig deeper i guess ^_^
jonathan said…
I am not a very positive person but when negativities strike, I tend to rise up from them. It is not something you have but something you can work for. It will be your maturity that will eventually help you see things in a different perspective. Thanks for commenting Blue!
yccos said…
I was venting out with my mama earlier today about my titas not understanding why I keep travelling and wandering and reaching out to old friends... I told mama, I cant stay at home with them telling me or more of dictating what I should do with my life. I cant get any conversations with them. Being outside with people who wont judge, its easier to open up and just talk.

Mama's advise was, "whatever you think is best for you, gawin mo. Pabayaan mo sila."

Yes. I believe that things are bound to get better. And I am conquering my fears!

Thank you Cher Jo for always being an email away.
Pepe v2.0 said…
Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for this entry. How very profound. This is a very good read. Thank you for sharing the light.
jonathan said…
Hello Cher Kat,

The next time someone asks you what you are doing with your life, answer them by asking them back, how about you? It is easy for people to see other's situations rather than look at what they are doing and had done in life. I have not encountered a family member of mine who speaks so highly of themselves because they probably knew that they will be drowned by my stories.

I wrote this post as an inspiration for others and as a reminder for me to continue conquering paths and to practise humility throughout. I am not on top of the world yet, which is not really my goal, but I am confident that I can go on with my life with pride.

I will pray for you and your decisions Cher and hoping things will fall in their right places.
jonathan said…
Hello Pepe,

My pleasure, and with your first visit, I do appreciate the comment knowing you read the entry and made your presence known.
jonathan said…
Thank you Miklos, this entry inspires me to act and not just wait. It is in writing such that I get to see where my life is now,
Twilight Man said…
The saying goes - " As you are, so was I.... As I am, so you shall be...."
I had my own share of growing up frustrations and lost feelings too. I remembered that I wished I was not born into this world. I have no such regrets anymore as religion managed to shape my paths and thoughts well to understand my existence.
I think you have certainly come a long way today and live a happier life overseas. I wish you all the best and hopefully you will move on to many more countries in your career.

Popular Posts