First Week Off
![]() |
| Sangklaburi, Thailand |
It is now vacation time. After a grueling last few months of school, it is now time for a break. So I left the city and travelled six hours away and ended up along the river banks of Khao Laem. The weather was great and with a little mist from the sky, it was the prefect day to start my vacation. The scene was breathtaking just outside my hotel room. Nestled atop a hill, one is offered an awesome masterpiece created by nature. A place rich with history, as the lake was shaped by the flow and ebbs of the water. It was like a postcard and I am included in it.
Sangklaburi is in the border of Thailand. It is populated by Burmese, Mon, Karen, Thai and a small group of Lao. The Khao Laem Dam is fed by three reservoirs and it is in this watery patch where the people settled as one community.
![]() |
| Kanchanaburi, Thailand |
After staying for a night, I left Sangklaburi and travelled another two hours to see the majestic River Kwai. I went again to my fave spot, a rustic abode to let where the oldness of the place must be now teeming with stories and memories. I slept in a boathouse and this awesomeness greeted me in the morning. A mountain laden with fog while the clam coldness of the water was silhouetted by the green colour of the trees. It was like a painting and I am part of the subject.
Kanchanaburi is a town in the west of Thailand. Although the main attraction are the Death Railway and the Bridge over the River Kwai, it is the waterfalls along with its river ways that are the most interesting to me.
And some more photos and facts:
![]() |
| The Mon Bridge was built entirely by hand 442 meters long, linking the Mon Village to Sangklaburi. |
![]() |
| The Buddhakaya Chedi shines like gold early in the morning as the sun rises, giving it an enlightening glow. |
![]() |
| Hindad Hot Springs are three different pools can be used but one of them is reserved for monks only. |
![]() |
| Krasae Bridge/ Railway is still used for travelling via train but mostly for scenic viewing. The original trestle construction is still intact and of good use. |
And so begins new places and adventures for the next five weeks. Life is short so I have to be happy. May these coming weeks bring forth vigour and positive vibes wherever my feet takes me (with my shoes, of course). Have a great day!








Comments
Beautiful pictures of exotic places in Thailand:)
Thank you for sharing with us such beautiful places in Thailand. Looking forward to your travel stories !
Thanks
Rajiv
www.magnificentdewdrops.blogspot.com
www.magicalpresent.blogspot.com
You are currently living in a postcard - make the most of it! As you said:
"Life is short so I have to be happy."
Enjoy! and more stories about this vacation please?
Please come or you may join me in my adventures through this blog. It would be great if you can share some interesting places in your country too. Have a wonderful day!
Enjoy your vacation, Jonathan! You deserve it!
Dito naman sa Pinas Sir!
Have a great vacation:)
http://joysnotepad.blogspot.no/2013/07/on-road-again-part-two.html
Ilan ba ang blogs mo? Anyways, will visit this one for the adventures ng magaya, lol! Kailangan talaga natin ng adventures o bakasyon every now and then to recharge.
You can and it is a good bonding moment for your family. Go around there first and when you are in Asia, then go around here. I will try to post some more escapades next time. Thanks for joining me.
I am glad that you got the chance to relax a little. Thank you for sharing us this. I got some glimpse on other parts of Thailand that I haven't visited.
You must be very busy now what with the coming wedding. You can come back for your honeymoon and try Chiangmai, Phrae or something nearer Hua Hin. You can hire a floating house with karaoke if you want. Just bring us all with you.
I am having a difficult time accesing wordpress and my face is there except Everytime I write a comment and then I will be told unsuccessful. I have to make a new profile.
I wish I can visit more of Malaysia than the usual KL and Penang. You have an extensive rainforest to my knowledge.
Saan bang province ang may ganyang view ng madalaw naman? Yan pupunta ako ng Baguio base sa experience mo duon. Ako naman ang may Baguio post.
Ang sarap maligo dun sa Hindad Hot Springs.
All around ako puwera lang cooking dahil hindi ako marunong magluto. I can be a traveller, a poet, an artist, a singer but never a cook or a techno expert. I like to observe things, therefore, I blog.