Termites of Our Lives

Recently I had some termite infestation in my house that I finally resorted to a pest control company's help. I stayed at home watching the pest control people's preparation for the great invasion. The chemicals, the spraying, the digging of holes, and the smell made me a fan of termites seeing how they can wreck havoc in one's home.
During the past weeks, I am assessing the value of my life as a person and as a teacher. I am constantly balancing my values whether they were of greatness or ridicule. My accumulated material things seems to be just something to make me feel secure. I realized that the things that surrounds me should be marked according to their importance rather than their quantity. For I do not need more of what I have and more of what I should not be having. I simply should stop.
One of my children's book under my collection was damaged by the termites. I was dumbfounded and angry but in a way, remembered being wasteful. I have collected books through my many years of teaching but have not found a special place to store them well thus the infestation. The accumulation was a proud moment but the loss of one special book became a shameful action.
As I pray for the good things in life to continuously fills my everyday life, I also would enjoy living what suits best which is a life without glitter, without lavishness and without guilt. I have to be a new person, needing and not wanting, economical and adhering to living back to basics.

Comments
---
i am sorry for your book. limited edition???