Missing You
Having friends is probably one reason why we enjoy life. Having them around is good and having none is indeed sad. When I was growing up, academic excellence ranked first before anything else. It was home-school-home cramming homeworks, reading materials, and learning a handful of languages. There was no play overs, sleep overs, recreational trips with classmates or cinema visitations. If ever, I had done them without letting my parents know.
I cannot recall any close friends when I was five years of age. But there is this wonderful child I am teaching right now who always show her strong bond to another girl ( a former student of mine as well) by constantly telling me stories about the two of them, writing messages or drawing pictures for exchange. Since last month, I had been hearing my student talk about her friend who left for America. "I miss my friend." "She's my best friend ever." "I wish she is here with me."
I would like to say the same thing to my family and friends though I may not be as vocal as my five year old student. Though distance is a hurdle and time had been our enemies, my good old friends are always remembered.
Artwork by Keena for her friend Pleng.

Comments
It made me cry! Thank u for writing this wonderful story. I would read to her as well, u r such a nice teacher..Pleng was so lucky that she had u as her teacher.
i'm so busy right now. basically, i have no social life right now (well except for mine here in this virtual sphere). i feel guilty sometimes not being able to reach out. hays...
My blog entries are interconnected and I don't want you to end like me. Seize the opportunities and make new friends everyday. Never be a coward to love and embrace life to the fullest. So when you add more years to your existence, you won't be writing with regrets.